KPOV is Hiring New Underwriting Representatives
KPOV is looking for one or two motivated, dedicated community radio lovers, and/or sales enthusiasts, to join our underwriting team as underwriting representatives. The successful application will help us build more support from Central Oregon businesses through underwriting.
Underwriting is a form of advertising on public media such as KPOV community radio. Business underwriters provide KPOV an important income stream by financially supporting the station in return for on-air announcement spots describing their business.
This is a sales position. Underwriting representatives are paid on a commission basis. This position is not likely to provide a full-time income, but can provide a supplemental income stream depending on sales.
For a more detailed job description, see below.
Application period open until we find the right person(s).
Contact: Bruce Morris, (541) 322-0863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kpov is a listener supported, volunteer powered non-profit radio station broadcasting at 88.9 FM and kpov.org
KPOV Underwriting Representative
JOB DESCRIPTION – 2016
Part to Full-time
A KPOV Underwriting Representative is responsible for identifying, developing, securing and maintaining underwriting contracts. The representative reports to the KPOV Development Director. NOTE: Underwriting is a form of advertising on public media (radio/TV).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales goals and number of new contacts.
- Identifies and develops new underwriting prospects.
- Initiates sales calls, makes face-to-face sales presentation and closes sales.
- Writes contracts.
- Creates effective underwriting spot announcements and obtains underwriter’s approval.
- Maintains database records in Salesforce.com regarding status of existing contracts and of other companies contacted.
- Responsible for billing, invoices, and payment records.
- Keeps Accounting informed of payment status of underwriting accounts.
- Renews and upgrades existing accounts prior to expiration.
- Provides own transportation and travels within sales territory to acquire new underwriting revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Underwriting Representative:
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- High level of effective communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Effectively interact with individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds, ages and varied business experiences.
- Knowledge of sales techniques and ability to make effective sales presentations helpful. If no experience, training will be provided.
- Belief in the mission of KPOV. Being a current listener is a plus.
Compensation: Commission – 20% for cash underwriting; 5% for underwriting for trade
Application Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and two references to KPOV, 501 NW Bond St, Bend, OR. 97701 or email material to: email@example.com For more information, please call 541-322-0863.